Friday, August 10, 2012

4th of July in Driggs

My brother and his wife and kids go up to Driggs to see the balloons every fourth of July. Since this year we were in Driggs we decided to try it. The night before, Eli actually went to bed really well, which is amazing because normally he only sleeps well in his room, in his bed. The only problem was he decided it was time to get up around 3 in the morning, bless his heart. If he sees me and Dan he assumes it is time to get up. We tried our best to get him to sleep. I would have let him cry at home but since we had a house full of people, we let him in our bed and, that didn't work. He would not go back to sleep.  Dan ended up playing a movie on the i-Pad. Needless to say we didn't get anymore sleep. Which made for one early morning. 

Seeing the balloons was pretty cool. A little disappointing because I thought there would a lot more there. Either way it was still fun to see them go up in the air.

My cute little family. Yes, I have a blanket, it was a little chilly.

Gee, does someone look tired?

This in one of my favorite pictures. It depicts a lot of what goes on during our day. Eli being wild and crazy. Me trying to get his attention and then pursing my lips and trying to grab him. With his quickness and my big belly, I usually loose. It is a good thing he is so darn cute! Of course in this picture I was probably way past ready for Eli to be in bed. 

The parade, it was pretty good. They had some fun tractors and cars that Eli really liked. It was kind of sad, we were at the end of it and a lot of the floats were out of candy. Mind you, we still got plenty of candy.


The kids and Tyler doing the fireworks the Keiths brought for the kids.


We were going to drive up to Jackson to watch the fireworks but after our long day we decided to just do some at home. It was great! Poor Eli was too tired to really enjoy the fireworks, I think we would have preferred to just go to bed.




We did a little hike and it was so much fun. Eli saw daddy cross the water and climb up the rocks and it was all I could do to keep him with me. Finally Dan came over and got him. 

My adorable boys, how I love them!

After the hike we wandered over to the water. It was nice and cool down there, but the water itself was really cold.

Eli and Daddy throwing leaves and watching them float away. That was Dan's attempt to distract Eli from thinking he wanted to get in the water.

He ended up getting his feet wet. He acted like the water was not cold at all.

He loved it but poor daddy was cold.

Happy boy!

Eli recently learned to do a somersault. He decided doing one right there would be a good idea.

I decided it would be a good idea if I helped him.

His victory, "I did it!"

Here is a video of Eli doing a somersault. Another new thing Eli does or says is "I'm amazing." I think it started out when he was trying to do somersaults and I would say "You're amazing." Next thing I know he did some new trick and instead of my saying it, he says "I'm amazing." Now he says it all the time.

1 comment:

mom said...

I agree, he is amazing. What a fun little boy he is!
Enjoyed seeing the pics of your time in Driggs.