Monday, February 4, 2013

FHE

We are trying to do better this year at having Family Home Evening.  And by saying we, I mostly mean Jess.  She is taking the time and effort to initiate things for us and most weeks does all of the lesson planning, too.  Tonight we had a lesson on missionary work.  Jess was recently called as a Ward Missionary and is maybe a little reluctantly excited to get to work.  Having grown up in Rexburg, ID, where the population is some 98%+/- LDS, she has not had much opportunity to do missionary work, so this will be her first real taste.  When the Bishop called her, he mentioned that she will likely have the opportunity to teach lessons to some individuals, which I think is where the reluctance comes in, but she will do an amazing job!  Here are a few shots from the evening.




Also, we are trying to include my sweet mother in our FHE activities via Skype or phone.  Mom, thanks for letting us interrupt your regularly-scheduled Monday evening routine.  Sisters, if you'd like a turn with her, we can schedule accordingly.

2 comments:

mom said...

You aren't interrupting anything. I appreciate you including me. You guys are doing a great job and I love hearing Eli's participation. I mentioned to dad about getting the Skype on his tablet. Now we just need to do it.

Missy said...

good idea. i would love to share mom on monday nights