Sunday, October 25, 2009

October

Things haven't slowed down any in October. Last week for my internship we held trainings for police officers to teach them more effective ways to work with people with mental illnesses. The trainings went well and hopefully will keep the officers and mentally ill safe (as well as out of jail). Here's a shot I took with my phone while driving to work on Friday.


Friday night we went to a magic show at BYU-Idaho. The magician was The Great Kaplan. It was a pretty good show, we enjoyed it. On Saturday we went to Idaho Falls for a concert with Jenny Oaks Baker (daughter of Elder Oaks and very talented violinist) and the Teton Chamber Orchestra, which Marinda, my sister-in-law, is in. This was also a great show.

Tonight, Sunday, we had a family Halloween party at Jess' grandma's. There is always a pumpkin carving contest at the party, but we didn't feel like carving today. Instead, Jess decided just to decorate a few of the mini-pumpkins that she and Lynne grew in the garden. I tried my hand at carving them.

Jess' spider web and ghost pumpkins

Who knew you could carve mini-pumpkins?

Reminds me of a character from Super Mario World

My beautiful Greek goddess

At the last minute we came up with a Jack the Ripper costume for me

Like she'd really go that easily!

5 comments:

Kate said...

You guys look great, what a fun time.
And I just love this Idaho sky! Nice photo.

mom said...

Great pics. Did Jess get her hair cut or does it just look that short when it's curled? Pumpkins look cool. Dad hasn't carved his yet. Waiting for David/Gavin I suppose.

Missy said...

fun times. We will have to have you over soon.

Keri said...

She was just luring you in and then she'd strike. Sucker!

Dad said...

Again, more beautiful scenic pictures. You probably could get money for pictures like those. and your action shots always are great. You got a gift. I love your wife, and I'm glad she is in the family.