Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First snow of the year

Dan had a work Conference from Oct 24 - 27. So we went and stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We got to meet Grandma and Grandpa's new kittens. As a general rule the cats do not go in the house, but we were moving them from the back porch to the front so Eli could feed them. He got to carry one and he was excited. The day before we went to Grandma's house we had our first real snow fall and Eli was dying to go out and play. 

All dressed up in his winter clothes. That was a work out for me. I finally gave up on the gloves. I couldn't convince him to separate his thumb from his fingers. Grandpa watched Lizzy so Eli and I could play.

Checking out the snow. Not sure what do to.

He had to taste it. I let him because it was the first snow. We made a snowman but I never got a picture because I took the camera in. And when I say "we" I mean me. Eli ran off to play on the 4-wheeler. We went out to play in the snow and he ended up on the 4-wheeler in the shed. I had fun playing in the snow. I am sad I didn't get a picture. I can't remember the last time I made a snowman. Mine ended up more squarish than round and very short. Needless to say it was a special snowman. 


3 comments:

mom said...

How fun. One good thing at his age is that he didn't have to go to the bathroom the minute you got him all bundled up.
Thanks for sharing Dan with us.

Keri said...

My kids would love one of those kittens. That's what they asked for.
I'm glad Eli bundled up for you, just to end up in the shed on the 4-wheeler.

Kate said...

I'd rather ride the 4-wheeler too, I've built way too many snowmen "with" the kids.