Monday, June 8, 2009

The I Do's of the Day

Friday we drove down to Utah for my cousin's wedding reception. It was super fun, it was a beach / Hawaiian themed reception. I was excited to go because I know what my aunt and uncle are capable of, and they didn't disappoint. Here are a couple of shots of the reception. 

Here is the entrance to the festivities. 

My uncle made the columns for my older cousin's wedding and then reused them for this reception. My aunt decorated them.

The beautiful center pieces. I think I heard that the sea shells came from the dollar store. (Side note, we got a lot of our stuff for our wedding from the dollar store as well, it is a great place to shop.)

I thought that this was a clever way to display their pictures and still make it fit the theme. 

Just a cute fountain.

My grandpa and I worked the food table together. I would make the drink and fill the cups and my grandpa put the umbrella in and kept the table organized. There were fruit kabobs, pulled pork sandwiches, and frozen fruit punch.


We are a long way from home, 3862 miles.

Dan and I, my parents, Jen and Bryn went to Utah. Here is a way cute picture of Bryn.


Dan got this amazing panoramic picture. With our camera you take three different pictures and then they get stitched together. If you look close you can see the guy in the blue shirt in two different spots. My aunt and uncle did a great job and it looked great. We only had one minor problem. My cousin's wife brought the wrong wedding dress. I guess her sister is also getting married and they had both wedding dresses together and the wrong one made it to Utah from California. They did find another dress and borrowed it and she looked beautiful.

6 comments:

Missy said...

sounds fun, I wanted to see a picture of the cake.
Jess, is your hair darker?

Jess said...

Yes, yes it is. I got is done on Thursday. There wasn't a cake at this reception. There was, however, one in California. It was a sandcastle cake and it I heard it didn't make it and it all fell apart. Sad day!

Kate said...

How fun!

Marinda said...

Your hair is so cute! I love the cut and color. Pathetic that I never see you to know that your hair was different but I definitely like it! I also love your shirt - way cute!

Keri said...

You guys are so adorable. I love you two!

Dad said...

Looks like quite the fete event. As for your comment about the cake like a sand castle, it's suppose to crumble.