Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kids Say...


So, my parent's house, which I grew up in, only has one bathroom. As the youngest of five kids, this was a problem! More than once you had to "close your eyes" so someone could go, if you were in the shower.
Well, this happened as I was in the shower today, Calin, my 7 year-old nephew, had to go. After several minutes of him being in the bathroom, I said "How we doin' out there?" To which he responded, "um, I'm out of toilet paper!" I then told him where he could find more, but he said he couldn't reach it. "Well what are we going to do," I replied. He then said "well, um, I was thinkin' maybe you could get me some when you're done in the shower." Made me laugh!
As I was turning off the water I heard him flush, because he found a way to reach it without me. He left and I was about to step out of the tub when Naiya, Calin's 3 year-old sister came to the door, also needing to go. After ensuring I wouldn't peek, she went. While going she said, "Uncle Dan, why did the eyeball fly over the house?" "Well, I'm just not sure, why Naiya?" "So it could eat the roof off of the house!"
I tell ya, it was an entertaining shower!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Oh the memories. I am truely greatful for multiple bathrooms now. However, my kids still come in and chat while I'm in the shower. Xander loves to sit on the toilet and just ask me question after question while I shower.

Kate said...

I shower at night when my kids are in bed. It's my quiet time to think, which obviously wouldn't happen with those 2 around.

Dad said...

Your mother made the bathroom schedule and you would do well to stick to it. What really amazed me is that we were so seldomly late for things.