Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Join the Club

Now, I never have been one to give into peer pressure often. This was especially helpful when attending Lorain Admiral King. But, apparently family has more sway on me. For the entire time I have known Jess, I have always felt a little out of place at her parent's house. It's not because I'm from a "real" city, but it's the fact that that city is located in Ford country. My Taurus has always been out of place in Jess' driveway filled with Toyota Camrys. And by saying filled, I mean FILLED! Her mother, father, brother, sister, brother-in-law and two of her aunts drive Camrys, not to mention SHE drives one as well! After four years of feeling out of place, I've finally let go of my Taurus...and purchased a Camry!

I'll miss my V-6, but not at the gas pump!

My 2005 Camry LE - Only 36,000 miles!

I've never been too into naming cars, but I'm considering it. Suggestions?

6 comments:

Dad said...

I see that the 'dark side' is pulling you in. You are leaving your roots. Ford is in your blood. Three Ford manufacturers within thirty minutes of where you grew up...Lorain, Avon, and Brookpark. Your poor old Daddy slave away at a steel mill that made steel for those Fords and other American car companies. For twelve years you rode in a van that was built only seven miles from your house. That Ford plant had to shut down because you bought a Camry. The steel mill is no longer in operation. What can I say.....but congratulations.

Kate said...

Ooh, love the guilt trip dad! We're guilty too.
We had an Isuzu Rodeo, a few Oldsmobiles, my Mitsubishi, and now Darin bought our first Ford last year, a Focus.

Missy said...

I drive a FORD!! Go me. I will give you your job back dad.
Curtis is another story.
(darn Idaho people)

Dan said...

You're correct, Dad, I single-handedly brought down the American Auto Industry! :)

Keri said...

I think you should name it
"Peer Pressure". I drive a dodge and Ty drives a VW.Passat. We're mixed breeds.

Dan said...

Hmph...P-Squared, I could handle that. Others?