Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kids Say...Part 2


While sitting on the couch with Jess and my 4 year-old niece Trinity, Trin looks at her mom (my sister Missy) and says "When are Uncle Dan and Aunt Jess going to have a baby?" We all smiled and chuckled a little, and Missy asked her "Why do you ask?" (Noting that Trin and Jess have been playing together for several hours, so clearly she had not been prompted) To this, Trin responded, "Cause her tummy is fat!" At this we all busted up laughing. Jess wasn't offended, because it was just the way she was sitting on the couch. They have had a great afternoon playing dress up and having tea parties. Trin loves her Aunt Jess!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Oh wow. What a way to put it. I'd give anything to have jess's "fat" tummy.

Missy said...

Me too Keri!
Poor Jess, was "tortured" by Trin all afternoon. But yes, Trinity just adores her.

Kate said...

I hope Jess didn't really take the seriously! I'd like to trade her fat tummies too.

Dad said...

My grandson, Xander said pretty much said the same thing to me. Oh, wait, he is right. I do have a big belly. He asked me if I had a baby in there.