Tuesday, May 19, 2009

7 days and counting...

Seven days until the school year is over, yay!!! I am ready to be done. I am tired of dealing with kids and teachers who don't listen to me. The best thing about working with the school is that I get a three month break. By June I am ready for that break, but then come August I can't wait to go back to work. The past couple of days have been really hard with different things that have gone on at work. So this month has been going so slow. Yesterday Dan and I were talking about the fun we were going to have this coming weekend and I realized it was only Monday. We still had to go through the whole week. Anyway, this year Kristi (the lady I work with) and I have had a couple of senior boys, who were our TA's and some of their friends, hang out in the library. Today was their last day so I made them a little graduation treat.






















I found the recipe on the Kraft Foods website and thought they were really cute. I baked the cupcakes and prepared the tassels last night (the tassels took a lot longer than I anticipated). Then assembled everything this morning. Thank goodness I have a great husband who helped me because I was running behind, the story of my life. Dan got my lunch together and then he helped me get the cupcakes into a container so they could travel. THANKS SWEETS! Unfortunately during the transportation the tassels and whip cream slide off. I repaired them the best I could but there was whip cream everywhere, which kind of made them look sloppy. The good thing was they still tasted good and that is all that matters. Now all I have to do is get through three days this week and four days next week. 

6 comments:

Dad said...

Hi Jessica,
Congratulations on you school year almost being over. And looking forward for the weekend. I got to get ready for this weekend. David, Darin, and I are going SCUBA diving. Those graduation cap cupcakes looked great. Good idea on the way they were made. I probably would have used Elmers Glue for the tassels. But they probably would taste like....... Elmers Glue.

Kate said...

Nice to hear from you Jess. Those cupcakes are adorable! Hope your week is flying by, and your month for that matter b/c we're sooo excited for your visit!!!

mom said...

I remember those end of school/beginning of school feelings real well. I especially appreciated sitting home for 3 months and still getting a paycheck every 2 weeks. Like I was getting paid for being home. Dan tells me you don't get paid over the summer-so sorry. We could have our pay over 9 or 12 months. It was nice. Cupcakes are cute. HS boys are more concerned with taste than looks.

Keri said...

So cute mt dear. Missy would be proud too. Do we get to see you guys this weekend? I'm hoping so. Love ya sista.

Missy said...

Cute cute Jess.
Can't wait to see you tonight. I am excited your school year is over, maybe we can play lots this summer.

Marinda said...

Wanted to let you know we have a blog.....brandonandmarinda.blogspot.com. That is all. PS - Cute cupcakes!